My research interest is to identify and understand the molecular mechanisms of nutrient signaling, and metabolism in plants, in order to improve nutrient use efficiency (NUE). Currently, 30-50% of applied nutrients (e.g. Nitrogen) in modern agriculture are lost, and cause serious environmental repercussions. Due to the global climate change, such as higher temperatures, drought, andrising CO2, it is expected further decrease in NUE. I use systems biology approach to understand how regulatory networks evolve to mediate plant adaptation to different availability of nutrients, and how nutrient signaling and metabolism is interconnected with other developmental processes.
- Ristova D, Giovannetti M, Metesch K, Busch W (2018) Natural genetic variation shapes root system responses to phytohormones in Arabidopsis. Plant J 96(2):468-481. doi: 10.1111/tpj.14034.
- Ristova D, Carre C, Pervent M, Medici A, Kim GJ, Scalia D, Ruffel S, Birnbaum KD, Lacombe B, Busch W, Coruzzi GM, Krouk G (2016) Combinatorial interaction network of transcriptomic and phenotypic responses to nitrogen and hormones in the Arabidopsis thaliana root. Sci Signal 9(451):rs13. doi: 10.1126/scisignal.aaf2768.
- Ristova D, Busch W (2014) Natural variation of root traits: from development to nutrient uptake. Plant Physiol 166(2):518-527. doi: 10.1104/pp.114.244749.
- Ristova D, Rosas U, Krouk G, Ruffel S, Birnbaum KD, Coruzzi GM (2013) RootScape: a landmark-based system for rapid screening of root architecture in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol 161(3):1086-1096. doi: 10.1104/pp.112.210872.
- *Rosas U, *Cibrian-Jaramillo A, *Ristova D, Banta JA, Gifford ML, Fan AH, Zhou RW, Kim GJ, Krouk G, Birnbaum KD, Purugganan MD, Coruzzi GM (2013) Integration of responses within and across Arabidopsis natural accessions uncovers loci controlling root systems architecture. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110(37):15133-15138. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1305883110
* = Equal contribution